A Day in the Life

Every day a different life,

A different job, a different strife.

With every day that I get old,

A new piece of me retold.

Name:
Location: River Grove, Illinois, United States

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Today, a Sex Mathmetician

This is another one of those situations I have to put in perspective before I begin. I walked into my CS 173 lecture, and I swear to god my teacher was talking about sex. Now, she wasn't, but just keep that in the back of your mind as you read this. If your mind isn't already in the gutter, throw it out now. These are actual quotes from the lecture, not modified in any way.

"Today we'll be talking about sets."
"The same sets I'll be talking about today are the same sets you learned about in third grade."
"What are some things you think about when you here the word 'sets'?" First response from the crowd, "Union!"
"It's not true unless that union is an element in the sets."
"There are many ways to define sets."
"Sets with repetition is silly."
"We're going to talk about how to use variables in sets."
"You may not have seen infinte sets since you were younger."
"We talked a lot about empty sets, which is an element of all sets."

And finally, for no real reason whatsoever, this analogy was on the overhead at the end of lecture.
"There is a town where the barber shaves all the people and only the people who don't shave themselves. Who shaves the barber?"

Is it just me, or is the entire world going insane?

1 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

Men think of sex once every six seconds. Or so I've been told. But I believe it was a woman that came up with that calculation, probably because she thought her boyfriend or husband thought about sex too often.

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home