A Day in the Life

Every day a different life,

A different job, a different strife.

With every day that I get old,

A new piece of me retold.

Name:
Location: River Grove, Illinois, United States

Monday, September 26, 2005

Today, a Poet

Yeah, that's right. It's the second post of the day. It's a Monday though, so anything goes. Before I begin, I'd like to note that I try to use semi-proper English in all my posts. Now there's a bug that wants to just go nuts. I think I'm going to let him out for a while. Excuse me.

OMG OMG. WTF man!!!!!!!1 U R HAXXORZZZZ!!! 1337 MAN!! UR P03MZ R teh BeSt EvErS!!!11!!11 I <3 U! LoOk I cAn TyPe LiKe tHiS!!1!!

Ok. Sorry about that. Now, onto more somber notes. This poem was inspired by "Philosophy" by Ben Folds Five. Anyone who's heard the song knows what I'm talking about.

Out Alone
by HKNorla

You've never been out in the woods alone.
Heard the song bird chirp or the West wind blown
Through the trees, knowing that rain would soon be near.
The flip flap flutter of the small one's fear.

You've never been lost in the woods alone.
Tried to find just which way the moss has shown
On the trees, or marked the spot of the sun.
Magnetic North and true navigation.

You've never been hurt in the woods alone.
Felt the strain of the pack, knew the roots grown
By the trees would soom become your downfall.
No one was there to catch you after all.

You laughed at me for going out alone.
You spoke to me, that same demeaning tone.
But to me, the trees, the grass, the river,
The shrubs, the animals, to me, are home.

5 Comments:

Blogger Annie said...

Umm...first of all...I don't even understand what you said at the beginning haha. Is it leet?

I like how your poem starts off with the line from Philosophy. I really really like your poem. Is this the one I read the beginning of the other day? Very deep.

I think you should write a poem about Earth, as it's your element.

3:24 PM  
Blogger HKNorla said...

Thanks. I have written poems about the elements. However, I thought I'd save the A material for the book.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

whoa, Nick. That poem is awesome. No lie. It made me all tingly, and reminded me of my Dad for some reason...and Quetico...especially the part about the pack.

Maybe you're actually my father, through some trick in the time space continuum, and that man who taught us chemistry is a complete stranger. Or maybe I ate some rotten meat at lunch and am hallucinating. Yeah...probably the latter. Look! A pink tortoise!

12:19 AM  
Blogger HKNorla said...

It's true. Anything is possible. However, I am not your father. I'm actually your son! Duh duh duhhhhhh!

7:04 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

OK, this is in response to one of your other posts...Today, a Heavy Sleeper. I'd just like to say last Saturday night (Sunday morning?) you woke up from the drunk people outside your apartment and none of your roommates (or me, for that matter) did. Maybe you're not as heavy of a sleeper as you thought haha.

Love ya punk.

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home