A Day in the Life

Every day a different life,

A different job, a different strife.

With every day that I get old,

A new piece of me retold.

Name:
Location: River Grove, Illinois, United States

Friday, September 30, 2005

Today, a Mathematical Poet

I have decided that from now on I will put my poems and such on my blog. Perhaps any short stories as well. I figure that since there's that little copyright jargon at the bottom it's safe from thieves, but what do I know. Anyways, you have to know a bit of freshman algebra to get this one. And please excuse the odd spacing between lines. Blogger is acting up. Also, I'd really appreciate your interpretations of this. Enjoy.

Of Xs and Ys

By HKNorla

Who am I to say who I am?

x = y

You are me.

x^2 = xy

You are part of each of us.

x^2 - y^2 = xy - y^2

And we are each less without each other.

(x – y)(x + y) = y(x – y)

But are we not each separate?

x + y = y

Look beyond, and we are the same.

2y = y

You will then see who I am.

2 = 1

Who are you to say who you are?

8 Comments:

Blogger George said...

Math on the weekend?? Harsh, Nick. Harsh.

3:56 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

I like the poem...and so does Mike.

11:40 AM  
Blogger Kaz Maslanka said...

This is an absolutely beautiful poem --- There are those of us who truly understand the beauty in this poem – I will be writing about it on my blog soon.

Thanks,
Kaz

8:42 PM  
Anonymous Dave R said...

That's a pretty neat idea. I never thought maths like that. It's really really cool!

7:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really liked the poem.. thanks for sharing.. I'll post in my multiply site for my friends to appreciate as well :) I hope you don't mind..

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.

7:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Opulently I agree but I dream the post should acquire more info then it has.

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amiable dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home