A Day in the Life

Every day a different life,

A different job, a different strife.

With every day that I get old,

A new piece of me retold.

Name:
Location: River Grove, Illinois, United States

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Today, a Handyman

For the record, anyone who says I'm not resourceful; go suck a lemon. You all know I am. I'm an engineer (almost). This post is going to be a quickie as I have a CS 173 test tomorrow and I need to keep studying.

Carl came up to me with the proposition of helping him fix his window. It was raining earlier and water was dripping into his room from the top of the window. Of course, we didn't have any caulk or anything, not that it would work in the rain. Besides, how many college students have caulk? I then had a wonderful idea; we'd chew a bunch of gum and fill in the gap on the outside until maintenance came. So, we did, in the rain, and the wind, with the mud.

However!, (note the awesome exclaimation mark/comma combo) my plan did work, and well. So next time you need something fixed and don't know where to turn, drop me a line.

(In case you can't tell, I'm proud of my little achievements.)

4 Comments:

Blogger patricia said...

That, oh handy nick, is a very clever idea. Truly the college boy way of doing things. Good job. Next time I need to fill in a whole with gum, I'll know who I can go to for some tips.

11:25 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

That's amazing. And by amazing, I mean gross and...only you would come up with that. My dorm room leaks everytime it rains...next time you come here can you chew up bunch of gum and fix it?

12:17 AM  
Blogger HKNorla said...

"Next time I need to fill in a whole with gum"

Trish, whole what?

12:44 AM  
Blogger patricia said...

shut up

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home