A Day in the Life

Every day a different life,

A different job, a different strife.

With every day that I get old,

A new piece of me retold.

Name:
Location: River Grove, Illinois, United States

Saturday, August 27, 2005

Today, a Culinary Engineer

For all those asking themselves the obvious question:
Yes, I am trying to bring it back. The blog, that is. It's actually nice being able to vent my frustrations somewhere other than towards my family, or Annie.

I did make the best salad for lunch today, however. Expect that from now on I use the term "salad" loosely. I started with a can of tuna, then added oil and red wine vinegar to make it ala Italy. Had I any onions, those would have gone in as well, but alas. I did have spinach, which seemed like the next best thing.

You have to realize at this point what was going through my head. I was basically looking for the best combination of textures. The spinach, being frozen in our superfridge, added a nice crunch to it and cooled the entire dish a few degrees. I also saw apples in the fridge, which has a great complementing texture to tuna, but I really didn't have the balls to use them. : \

Calarabi would actually be very good, if any of you actually know what that is. So here's the final draft for what I think would actually be a very good dish.

One can of tuna, drained.
Oil and red wine vinegar to one's desire.
A handful of fresh spinach leaves, chopped.
Either onions OR calarabi, diced.
(both would make the crunchiness overwhelming to the rest of the dish)

If anyone has any opinions or suggestions I'd love to hear them. Bon Voyage!

2 Comments:

Blogger Annie said...

Nicky, I mean, I love you, but your salad sounds gross. Here's a suggestion: throw it all away, and then make a new salad with lettuce, parmesean cheese, croutons, grilled chicken, and throw some Caesar on top. Or, you know, just call up Jewel and ask them to do it for you.

11:08 PM  
Blogger HKNorla said...

Hey now! Just because some of us like eating healthy doesn't mean you have to push your pushy-wooshy politics around here. Go back to Russia, comrade.

2:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home